Shipping & returns
We deliver all across Canada
Online orders are available for delivery all across Canada by Purolator or Canada Post.
Free shipping on orders of $50 or more
- AO Gift cards ship to you or your recipient free of charge via Canada Post.
- maps and other small items ship for $5.00
- items under $50 typically ship for $10.00
- oversized items (between 36-71") such as paddles, roof racks, large coolers, and 60l barrels have a surcharge of $25.
- larger items such as bikes, canoes, large coolers, kayaks, paddleboards, skis, trampolines, water carpets, wakeboards, wake surfboards, water skis, etc are available for pickup from our Huntsville store only. (1-705-787-0262 for details)
- large quantity orders may have additional surcharge for additional weight and size.
|AO GIFT CARDS||FREE||FREE|
|Small items (maps)||$5.00||FREE|
|Oversized items (Paddles, etc)||$25.00||$25.00|
|Non-shipable items||pick up only||pick up only|
You read that right, most items of standard size products qualify for free delivery almost anywhere in Canada when you purchase $50 (before taxes) or more. Algonquin Outfitters will cover the delivery costs for regular shipping. It's worth adding that one extra item to your order.
Please note that surcharges for purchasing oversized items or a large quantities of items (weight) may carry surcharges and are your responsibility.
Your order is processed within 2 to 3 business days following your purchase and we endeavour to deliver it within 2 to 14 days. In many cases, a tracking number can be provided to you. If you have any questions about shipping please feel free to contact us at 1-705-787-0262 and ask for shipping & receiving.
We get lots of requests to ship skis, coolers, and paddles. We've got you covered in most cases. Please be aware that large items have extra (oversized) shipping charges.
- canoe paddles, skis, wakeboards and surfboards, etc over 56" or 143cm
- large coolers and 60L food barrels
- vehicle roof rack bars over 56" or 143cm
- bikes, strollers, trailers
- sometimes large quantities of smaller items may qualify as an oversize shipment.
- we don't typically ship canoes, kayaks, paddleboards etc but do offer pickup at our store.
Non-shippable items - pickup in-store only
Some very large items aren't available for shipping but may be picked up at our Huntsville location or by special arrangement at one of our other locations (extra time may be needed to move an item to a different location and may take up to several weeks), please call us to inquire if pickup at a different location is possible.
- bikes - we do not ship bikes as we have a performance guarantee and that can only be guaranteed if the bike is picked up fully assembled at our Huntsville Bike Shop. Shipping could be arranged but will have a $100+ surcharge and will forfeit the 1 yr Performance Guarantee on your bike. Please contact us to inquire 1-800-469-4948 x24
- large coolers and other very large/heavy items
- water trampolines
- water carpets
- etc - there may be other large items over 71" in length that we can not ship
AO return policy
We will be accepting returns IN STORE for 14 days for a full refund and 30 days for a store credit. All items must be in new, unused condition with all original packaging.
Alternatively, you can MAIL in your return using the procedure outlined below. Please note due to new safety procedures and delayed transit times that processing may be slower than usual. We are accepting MAIL in returns for 60 days from the date of the original shipment. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Christmas returns are accepted after Christmas following the same limits above, for 2021 you are responsible for contacting one of our stores if you would like to return or exchange any items by Friday January 8th 2021.
Damaged or shipping error
Please inspect your items upon receipt. For items damaged in shipping, or if we shipped you the wrong item please call 705-787-0262 and ask for our Shipping and Receiving Department or email [email protected] within 7 days of receiving. It is important that you contact us before returning your item, so that we may assist you with return shipping charges.
We want our customers to be totally satisfied with any purchase made at Algonquin Outfitters. Most of the products we sell come with warranties from the manufacturer but our Warranty Plus program offers you an extra level of confidence.
If you discover, within 60 days, that an item you purchased from us is defective you will have the option of an immediate replacement (if the item is in stock), store credit or we can return the defective item to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
If you believe your item to be defective please call 705-787-0262 and ask for our Warranty Department or email [email protected]. If possible, attach pictures of the defect and note when it was purchased.
Returning items for refund or exchange
- for hygienic reasons, swimwear and undergarments are final sale, and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- items 40% off or more are final sale.
- used gear is sold as is and cannot be returned.
- food is final sale
To be eligible for a return, your item must be new and unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original brand packaging and/or have the original hang tags with it in the case of clothing.
Unless an error occurred on our part in the shipment of your order or if the product is defective, shipping fees charged at time of order will not be refunded and the cost of return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer. We do not accept COD orders.
How to return
Visit us in person at an Algonquin Outfitters store once we have reopened. Bring the unused items you want to return along with a copy of the invoice/receipt you received and our staff will be happy to help you with your return.
Prior to sending back your goods please notify us by email [email protected] that you are returning your item and whether you are requesting an exchange or a refund. Or call 705-787-0262 and ask for our Shipping and Receiving Department. We accepting MAIL in returns for 60 days from the original date of purchase.
Package the item(s) to be returned in a box and clearly write your invoice number (INV-#####) on the outside of the box. The cost of return will be your responsibility unless there is a defect or error on our part.
ALGONQUIN OUTFITTERS RETURNS
86 MAIN ST EAST
Returns by mail are received Monday to Friday. Once the item(s) is received and inspected for the original condition, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your item for refund or exchange. Once a refund is issued it can take up to 5 business days for it to appear on your credit card statement. Original shipping charges will not be credited.
We are currently not offering to ship outside of Canada.
For all international special orders, please note that you are responsible for customs charges, taxes, duties and all other fees associated with your shipment and its return. Contact your courier for details about the fees that may be incurred when shipping internationally.
Additional fees charged at the border are usually paid at the receiving end. We will deduct those fees, if any, from your reimbursement.