Freeriders with freestyle intentions, your new inbounds and sidecountry quiver killer is here. Way better than actually living in outerspace, the CAPiTA Outerspace Living Snowboard doesn't make you eat that freeze-dried Neapolitan nonsense. The only thing the CAPiTA Outerspace Living Snowboard hungers for is sick terrain to launch itself off of and fresh pockets of pow to play in, and with a Superdrive™ EX Base, this Good Wood winner is ready to glide smoothly into the next dimension of sideways-sliding fun. If you need a confidence check, just remember that you've got heavy duty Titanal struts beneath your feet and huck it.
- Resort V3 Profile – This revolutionary all-terrain shape provides the best of both worlds. It has a raised camber platform through the inserts to retain high-speed edge hold through variable terrain, elevated contact points to land and float in powder, and traditional tip and tail arcs for smoother transitions.
- Flex: 5 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff)
- Shape: True Twin
- Radial Sidecut – A single radius design that allows your board to start and finish a turn on the same arc.
- Core: FSC® Certified Dual Core – Poppy lightweight Poplar combined with Beech for increased power and durability.
- Laminates: Inlaid HD Titanal Struts – Heavy duty, extra thick, high strength hardened aluminum wrought alloy integrated into milled channels in the core for structural reinforcement.
- Special Blend Fiberglass + Magic Bean™ Resin – Custom weighted Biaxial top / Biaxial bottom = increased strength and durability. Impregnated with reformulated, high performance plant based Magic Bean™ Resin.
- Sidewalls: Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Base: Superdrive™ EX Base – The new standard in sintruded base material, this versatile running base is precision forged for high abrasion resistance and a super smooth glide.
- Multitech™ Sublimation + Die-Cut Base – Sublimation is an exact science for an inexact process. In sublimation, ink is pushed through a substrate into base material using pressure and heat.
- Edges: 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Topsheet: Multitech™ Level 5 DeepSpace™ + PAM16000™ Topsheet with Metallic Underlay
- PLT Topsheet Technology™ – PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard. This is magical because the rest of the world mashes their topsheet on with glue, heat and pressure during the pressing stage. Doing so causes the fiberglass structure underneath to show through the topsheet. And because nobody wants to spend their hard earned cash on a bumpy snowboard, many companies slather their tops with a thick, toxic lacquer to smooth things out. Not only is that ish heavy and can potentially develop unsightly hairline cracks, it's also really unhealthy for the working environment. The PLT™ machine produces a featherlight, smooth, high-gloss finish, without all that poisonous deadweight.
- Additional Features: Made at the 100% Hydro Powered Mothership Facility – The NH3 natural gas heating system has an ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 0, with a COP (coefficient of performance) of 5. This means that for every 1 unit of energy consumed by the system, 5 units of energy for heating and cooling is achieved. It's like making the effort to spin a 360, but landing a silky smooth 1800 instead. The Mothership is also designed to maximize the use of natural light during the day by having ample skylights and strategically placed interior cutaways throughout the entire facility -- while energy efficient LED lighting acts as supplementary illumination where necessary.
- Binding Compatibility: Stainless Steel 2x4 Inserts
- Terrain:Freestyle, All-Mountain More
- Ability Level:Intermediate-Advanced More
- Rocker Type:Rocker/Camber/Rocker More
- Shape:True Twin
- Flex Rating:Medium More
- Binding Mount Pattern:2x4
- Core/Laminates:Metal, Wood
- Snowboard Awards:Transworld Snowboarding Good Wood, Snowboard Magazine Platinum Pick
- Transworld Snowboarding Good Wood Snowboard Magazine Platinum Pick
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review 2020 OUTERSPACE LIVING SNOWBOARD