When Danny Davis takes to the hill on a pow day, he's grabbing his Burton Deep Thinker Snowboard and not returning to the car until the lifts stop spinning. This board is slightly tapered, extremely poppy, and very lively overall, making it a blast to ride on everything you'll encounter on a great day of riding. The profile is camber-dominant with a floaty nose. This means big boosts and roosts in deeper snow, but with enough switch-capability to facilitate hardpack fun. With Keith Haring art, the Deep Thinker is all about maximum creativity.
- Directional Camber – A blend of rocker and camber in the nose combines float and control while camber under the back foot drives with power and stability.
- Flex: Directional Flex – This flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- Pro-Tip™ – A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Shape: Directional | 7mm Taper – The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- Core: FSC™ Certified Super Fly II™ 700G Core – Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- Dualzone™ EGD™ – The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Squeezebox – Burton's most versatile Squeezebox profile improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable and easier to manipulate.
- Laminates: 45° Carbon Highlights – Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics. A 60° fiber angle creates a highly maneuverable and playful feel, while a 45° fiber angle provides more aggressive ride.
- Base: Sintered WFO – Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays wide open all season and in any condition.
- Edges: Frostbite Edges – Introduced by Burton long before all the hype about wavy "serrated knife" edges, Frostbite extends out slightly beneath your bindings for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don't, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining smooth, slowing, and forgiving.
- Graphics: Art by Keith Haring
- Additional Features: Infinite Ride™ – This Burton-exclusive technology allows maximized pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Flat Top, Flying V™, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
- Super Sap® Epoxy – A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies. Less oil consumption means even less of a carbon footprint per board.
- Binding Compatibility: The Channel® Mounting System – Stronger, faster, easier, and more adjustable -- The Channel™ gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
- Terrain:All-Mountain, Freeride More
- Ability Level:Advanced-Expert More
- Rocker Type:Rocker/Camber More
- Flex Rating:Medium More
- Binding Mount Pattern:Channel
- Core/Laminates:Carbon, Wood
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review 2020 DEEP THINKER SNOWBOARD